Being a mom is hard.
Being an entrepreneur is hard.
Being a mom AND an entrepreneur? Impossible! … or is it?
More and more moms are turning to the internet to live out their dreams, make money, and do something they are passionate about.
It’s an amazing way to have a focus outside of mommy-duties, which can really help with your sanity (and yes, being a mom does cause your sanity to become questionable).
The problem is that many moms find that they simply don’t have time to turn their passion/side job into a full, thriving business that is making them the income they deserve, so it stays as a hobby or a far-off dream.
I’m here to tell you that it is TOTALLY possible to not only have a business that is consistent with your passion, but also one that makes you enough money to have the life you desire, for both you and your family.
It’s possible to:
- Make enough money to do whatever you want
- Make enough money to hire help with the kids and housework
- Feel happy and fulfilled by doing what you love
If you’re rolling your eyes right now… keep reading. I’m sharing my tips on how to get from overwhelmed mom with a dream to successful mom-preneur.
- Manage your time. Set a schedule, create a routine, be conscious of your free time and utilize it to the maximum efficiency for your business.
- Embrace the chaos. Your house might be a little messier than usual. You might not have time to make the kids Pinterest worthy lunches every day. You have to make sacrifices in order to get your business to a place where you no longer have to make sacrifices.
- Hire help… and not just with your business. Yes, it’s important to have a team on your side for your business, but it’s equally important to have help with you childcare and housework. Hire someone who you can trust to watch your kids (even if they watch them in the next room over), hire someone to help you keep up with the housework.
- Stop feeling guilty. Mommy guilt is a real thing, everyone deals with it. But just think of it this way… as a business owner, you’re not only providing for your children, you’re also showing them that THEY can do whatever they want when they grow up. You’re making them proud.
- Take real time off of your business. Don’t spend your “vacation” time on your phone. Be present with your kids and family and give them all of your attention. Save your working hours for work.
And my biggest tip of all? BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS.
With some good time management, help from others, and a good attitude… you CAN have the business you desire without going totally insane.
Here’s to your success!
P.S. Want more awesome tips, tricks, and secrets for starting and thriving with an online business? Grab access to the Success Toolkit for New Entrepreneurs right now, just by signing up right here.